So New York Fashion Week has been happening (concludes today) and I have seen lots of pretty things, but the problem is those pretty things aren’t exactly practical for moms. What if moms had a fashion week?
Imagine if moms really did look like expressionless runway models. Our kids would be terrified. Grocery store aisles could be catwalks, we could zip out of hair and make-up and straight out the door, and it wouldn’t matter if our top matched our bottoms because we’d call it ‘fashion.’
What if moms had a fashion week? How would that look different? Here is an exclusive look at FW 2013: Mom Style!
* Yoga Pants would be the must-have item of the season!
* Models would walk down the runway carrying a toddler in one arm and 5 bags of groceries in the other!
* Starbucks pumpkin spice latte would be the must-have accessory!
* Models would have their hair styled in sloppy top-knots or ponytails!
* Moms would Instagram a selfie before walking down the catwalk!
* Models would walk down the runway to the music of KidzBop!
Oh, I kid. I kid.
Moms have learned to adapt some of the hottest trends from the runway to the minivan. Make-up, hairstyles, patterns, and prints are all being translated into functional and practical looks for moms. Pinterest is a great place to find runway inspiration or put together your dream look.
I confess that as much as I like fashion, I have a very limited amount of time to devote to it. Whenever errands take me out of the house, I almost always go for comfort and function. On the few occasions when a polished look is more appropriate, I take the opportunity so seriously I am totally indecisive.
For all moms or models, you all look fabulous and will continue to inspire fashion for seasons to come.
© 2013, Jennifer. All rights reserved.